School of Management
Bachelor of Business Administration – BBA
Bachelor in Business Administration program help the students develop business acumen and management capabilities through an innovative program built on the expertise of the experienced faculty and practitioners. This program helps the students to build their career in business world and be a leader in companies and organizations. The students of BBA have an added advantages and to develop communication, decision-making, problem-solving, and management skills. Learn the application and strategic use of the knowledge and skills you acquire in areas like personnel management, organizational behavior, production management, international business, and small business.
The degree program aims:
- Providing students with vast and relevant theoretical coupled with practical knowledge of business organizations;
- Developing students’ critical analysis of and reflection upon business issues & situations;
- Developing their ability to analyze business phenomena effectively and efficiently in simulated environment;
- Developing students’ adaptability and flexibility of approach and ability to initiate and respond positively & appropriately to change;
- Preparing students for a career in business or allied fields and develop their capability to contribute to society at large.
- Enhancing students’ lifelong learning skills, soft and peoples skills for personal development.
Master in Business Administration - MBA
The MBA program at Seacom Skills University (SSU) has been intended to provide to the students a set of attributes that are essential in managing the complexities of the business world today. The program has the flexibility and the depth required to provide the students a set of well-defined choices which align with his/her interests. The MBA program is of two year full-time duration and is delivered over four semesters.
The core courses in the MBA program introduce students to the various areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, operations management, etc. Students in MBA programs have the option of taking general business courses throughout the program or can select an area of concentration. Over the two years of MBA, they will study about various factors (laws, trends, markets, economies) that effect businesses and the running of businesses. They will also be exposed to ‘real-life situations’ in an attempt to make sure that you don’t crumble under pressure if the going ever gets tough in the future. There are a number of subjects which, more than anything, simply broaden your perspective about everything under the sun.
It is important for the students to remember that an MBA is a pretty rigorous program, so do not get discouraged, though. Some of the best times will be in the MBA Program, especially if the students develop a keen interest in exploring new ideas. Meeting deadlines and completing projects becomes enjoyable. Most importantly, as a student, you make some excellent friends, and develop as an individual on the whole.
The program aims to provide the following learning outcomes:
- To provide intensive theoretical and practical knowledge of management.
- To enhance the student's analytical abilities.
- To provide access to a broad base of knowledge in core managerial skills.
- Engage in critical and analytical thinking; appreciate self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, businesses and management issues.
- To develop the essential management skills required to meet and participate in an increasingly competitive international business environment.
- To build upon the essential core management subjects allowing greater emphasis on elective subjects of management.
- Understanding the nature and working of business organization.
- Writing of reports involving data presentation and analysis.
- Communicate ideas effectively.
- Effectively utilizing statistical software packages.
- Work independently and to manage time efficiently.
- An appreciation of the diversity of behavior in professional practice situations;
- Knowledge of appropriate codes of ethics, standards, practices and the related consequences associated with transgressions;
- Knowledge of, and disposition to display, social responsibilities, environmental stewardship, and corporate citizenship; and
- Knowledge of legal issues and requirements within Canadian and international contexts.
MBA Specialization in:
HR (Human Resource) – The course offers to enhance individual's skills and expertise in interpersonal relations include counselors, education administrators, public relations specialists, lawyers, psychologists, social and human service assistants and social workers.
Systems Management – The integration of management with technology is what this course generally covers.
Finance – MBA programs will provide the basic knowledge of business principles. An MBA in Finance better equips one to face the cut-throat competition of a dynamic business environment.
Marketing – An MBA in Marketing prepares students for careers as business leaders in the field of marketing and advertising.
Shipping Management – The course being conducted at the institute, adopt a holistic view of Shipping, which integrates commercial, technological and financial aspects.
Port & Logistic Management – Besides the commercial and financial aspect of present business administration it deals with Maritime Law, Lagistation and Maritime Management - Covering all sailent aspects of international transportation and Port Management.
Duration & Eligibility
BBA – 3 Years (6 Semesters) – 10+2 with 50% marks
MBA – 2 Years (4 Semesters) – Graduate with 50% marks
For MBA, Any graduate with a minimum of 50% in the qualifying examination. 2 years MBA courses will be based on JEMAT/MAT/CAT rank.
1. MOU has been signed with Scotland’s Colleges International
( SCI), an “Association of 43 Scottish Colleges of global repute” for the purpose of ensuring collaboration in all engineering and technological spheres for input in pedagogy, learner centric skill development and exchange of faculty & students etc.
2. INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION with Bournville College, UK for input in pedagogy, skill development and exchange of faculty & students etc.
COLLABORATION WITH IBM
A MOU has been signed with IBM entitled “Carrier Education In IBM Software(CEIS)” for the purpose :
Knowing the Technology of IBM software.
Obtaining Global Certificate of IBM.
Job Opportunities at IBM or any other Companies who use IBM software.
COLLABORATION WITH Tally Solutions Ltd :
Creation of Skilled Manpower for Financial Packages widely used in Industry, highly useful for MBA & MCA students apart from Engineering Graduates.
3. Besides, the institute is also connected with Infosys for “Campus Connect” Programmes
Training program conducted in Seacom Engineering College by Infosys to prepare the fresher on various topics and fields to make them Industry ready for last 3yrs.
Students took part in programming contest conducted by INFOSYS through “Aspiration 2020”in January/February 2009 and got position in the contest INFOSYS presented a laptop to the college for students in eastern zone.
What Students Say
About SEACOM ?
SEACOM SKILLS UNIVERSITY is the latest venture of a well known Trust in Kolkata involved in multifarious activities for more than a decade now. The Group has taken a new approach in offering Engineering and Technical Education with maximum industry orientation and more stress on practical skills, aiming at building greater confidence in students.... Read More
Empowering students through equal opportunity in academic achievement and their overall personality and leadership development, inculcating in them entrepreneurship skills with quality education and training along modern technology.
• The only skills university in the state and one of the first two in the country.
• World class education and training with 360 degree teaching and learning pedagogies covering practical knowledge, discussion based learning, group discussions, case studies and interactive learning.... Read More
Seacom Skills University is established under West Bengal Government’s policy (Vide Official Gazette Notification No. : 142-Edn (U) dated 31/01/2013), in line with the provisions under section 2(f) of the University Grant Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, as has been passed as Seacom Skills University Act, 2014 by the West Bengal Legislative Assembly (West Bengal Act VI of 2014) and has received the assent of the Hon’ble Governor of West Bengal on 11th April 2014 (Vide Official Gazette Notification no. 396-Edn(U) / OM-155L / 2012).... Read More
Scotland’s Colleges International (SCI) Collaboration
Seacom Skills University has been chosen by Scotland’s Colleges International (SCI), an “Association of 43 Scottish Colleges of global repute” for academic collaboration in all engineering and technological spheres in the areas of Pedagogy, Learner Centric Skill Development and Faculty & Students Exchange Programs etc....Read More