School of Information Technology
Undergraduate & Postgraduate Degree Courses (BCA & MCA) in the field of computer applications, enabling students to attain sound knowledge in the basic and significant areas of computer science. The courses spread over 6 and 4 Semesters respectively, broadly, inculcates knowledge of working components of computer system, such as its basic physical structure, software enabling the hardware to carry out its functions, knowledge of programming languages and tools to the students, and development of computer programs, such as networking, conducting online business, hardware manufacturing and integration.
The students are professionals with ability to carry out analysis and synthesis involved in computer systems, information systems and computer applications, demonstrate their abilities to developing software, and skills to address problems in the computer systems and software applications.
- Programming Languages, like C, C++, Java etc., to design and develop software.
- Conceptual understanding and knowledge of software development life cycle enabling the students to design successful software.
- Understanding of basics of the organization and structure of computer system, namely internal structure, memory composition, storage, operating system, processor and their attributes.
- Use of mathematics in computer science for the purpose of building logics and algorithms.
- Basics of computer networks to understand the world of computer connectivity via LAN and Web.
- Abilities to understand the concepts of storing and accessing data with the use of database management tools.
- Job placements in industry (production and manufacturing, banking, insurance, media, advertising and the like) as programmers, networking professionals, graphic designers and other such positions requiring knowledge of computer applications.
- The world of computer applications requiring computer application demonstrative abilities is very vast and diverse, the students doing this courses have the options to work as programmers, software development and design, in companies like Microsoft, Oracle, Wipro, Infosys etc. as per their abilities suing to the needs of the industry.
- Numerous job opportunities are coming up in the government, public and private sector as well as opportunities of self employment for the students.
- In order to further enhance the skills and qualifications, the BCA students are eligible to opt for MCA and other related areas of computer skills development.
Duration & Eligibility
BCA – 3 Years (6 Semesters) – 10+2 with 50% marks
MCA – 2 Years (4 Semesters) – Graduate with 50% marks
1. MOU has been signed with Scotland’s Colleges International
( SCI), an “Association of 43 Scottish Colleges of global repute” for the purpose of ensuring collaboration in all engineering and technological spheres for input in pedagogy, learner centric skill development and exchange of faculty & students etc.
2. INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION with Bournville College, UK for input in pedagogy, skill development and exchange of faculty & students etc.
COLLABORATION WITH IBM
A MOU has been signed with IBM entitled “Carrier Education In IBM Software(CEIS)” for the purpose :
Knowing the Technology of IBM software.
Obtaining Global Certificate of IBM.
Job Opportunities at IBM or any other Companies who use IBM software.
COLLABORATION WITH Tally Solutions Ltd :
Creation of Skilled Manpower for Financial Packages widely used in Industry, highly useful for MBA & MCA students apart from Engineering Graduates.
3. Besides, the institute is also connected with Infosys for “Campus Connect” Programmes
Training program conducted in Seacom Engineering College by Infosys to prepare the fresher on various topics and fields to make them Industry ready for last 3yrs.
Students took part in programming contest conducted by INFOSYS through “Aspiration 2020”in January/February 2009 and got position in the contest INFOSYS presented a laptop to the college for students in eastern zone.
What Students Say
About SEACOM ?
SEACOM SKILLS UNIVERSITY is the latest venture of a well known Trust in Kolkata involved in multifarious activities for more than a decade now. The Group has taken a new approach in offering Engineering and Technical Education with maximum industry orientation and more stress on practical skills, aiming at building greater confidence in students.... Read More
Empowering students through equal opportunity in academic achievement and their overall personality and leadership development, inculcating in them entrepreneurship skills with quality education and training along modern technology.
• The only skills university in the state and one of the first two in the country.
• World class education and training with 360 degree teaching and learning pedagogies covering practical knowledge, discussion based learning, group discussions, case studies and interactive learning.... Read More
Seacom Skills University is established under West Bengal Government’s policy (Vide Official Gazette Notification No. : 142-Edn (U) dated 31/01/2013), in line with the provisions under section 2(f) of the University Grant Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, as has been passed as Seacom Skills University Act, 2014 by the West Bengal Legislative Assembly (West Bengal Act VI of 2014) and has received the assent of the Hon’ble Governor of West Bengal on 11th April 2014 (Vide Official Gazette Notification no. 396-Edn(U) / OM-155L / 2012).... Read More
Scotland’s Colleges International (SCI) Collaboration
Seacom Skills University has been chosen by Scotland’s Colleges International (SCI), an “Association of 43 Scottish Colleges of global repute” for academic collaboration in all engineering and technological spheres in the areas of Pedagogy, Learner Centric Skill Development and Faculty & Students Exchange Programs etc....Read More