School of Hospitality
B. Sc. In Hotel Management & Catering Technology
B.Sc. in Hotel Management & Catering Technology is a comprehensive course that combines an extensive educational curriculum with industrial training fully attuned to competitive aspects and requirements of the Hospitality Industry. This is the premier qualification which makes the students fully acquainted with all the aspects of the Hospitality Industry. The core subjects of Hotel Management around which the entire curriculum is based are: Food & Beverage Service (Restaurant & Bar), F&B Production (Kitchen & Bakery), Accommodation Operations, Front Office. Career Opportunities for Hospitality Graduates Since most hotel vacancies arise in the core operational areas, students of specialization stand to gain by way ease selection at the time of campus recruitment. Hotels look for specialized candidates or those having advanced knowledge and skills in areas like Food & Beverage (Restaurants and Banquets), Food Production (kitchens) and Accommodation Management (Rooms Division, Housekeeping and Front Office) which makes their job easier if students have already chosen their department of interest. Thus, hotel and restaurant jobs are guaranteed for students who undergo specialized training at our institutes. As a result, the graduating students can look forward to career opportunities as :
- Management Trainee in Hotel and allied hospitality industry;
- Kitchen Management/Housekeeping Management positions in Hotels after initial stint as trainee;
- Flight Kitchens and on-board flight services;
- Guest/Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors;
- Management Trainee/Executive in international and national fast food chains;
- Hospital and Institutional Catering;
- Faculty in Hotel Management/Food Craft Institutes;
- Shipping and Cruise lines;
- Marketing/Sales Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors;
- State Tourism Development Corporations;
- Resort Management;
- Self-employment through entrepreneurship and Multinational companies for their hospitality services.
About 80% of the graduates are employed by Hospitality and other service sectors through on-campus and off-campus recruitment processes.
Duration & Eligibility
B.Sc. – 3 Years (6 Semesters) – 10+2 with 50% marks
1. MOU has been signed with Scotland’s Colleges International
( SCI), an “Association of 43 Scottish Colleges of global repute” for the purpose of ensuring collaboration in all engineering and technological spheres for input in pedagogy, learner centric skill development and exchange of faculty & students etc.
2. INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION with Bournville College, UK for input in pedagogy, skill development and exchange of faculty & students etc.
COLLABORATION WITH IBM
A MOU has been signed with IBM entitled “Carrier Education In IBM Software(CEIS)” for the purpose :
Knowing the Technology of IBM software.
Obtaining Global Certificate of IBM.
Job Opportunities at IBM or any other Companies who use IBM software.
COLLABORATION WITH Tally Solutions Ltd :
Creation of Skilled Manpower for Financial Packages widely used in Industry, highly useful for MBA & MCA students apart from Engineering Graduates.
3. Besides, the institute is also connected with Infosys for “Campus Connect” Programmes
Training program conducted in Seacom Engineering College by Infosys to prepare the fresher on various topics and fields to make them Industry ready for last 3yrs.
Students took part in programming contest conducted by INFOSYS through “Aspiration 2020”in January/February 2009 and got position in the contest INFOSYS presented a laptop to the college for students in eastern zone.
What Students Say
About SEACOM ?
SEACOM SKILLS UNIVERSITY is the latest venture of a well known Trust in Kolkata involved in multifarious activities for more than a decade now. The Group has taken a new approach in offering Engineering and Technical Education with maximum industry orientation and more stress on practical skills, aiming at building greater confidence in students.... Read More
Empowering students through equal opportunity in academic achievement and their overall personality and leadership development, inculcating in them entrepreneurship skills with quality education and training along modern technology.
• The only skills university in the state and one of the first two in the country.
• World class education and training with 360 degree teaching and learning pedagogies covering practical knowledge, discussion based learning, group discussions, case studies and interactive learning.... Read More
Seacom Skills University is established under West Bengal Government’s policy (Vide Official Gazette Notification No. : 142-Edn (U) dated 31/01/2013), in line with the provisions under section 2(f) of the University Grant Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, as has been passed as Seacom Skills University Act, 2014 by the West Bengal Legislative Assembly (West Bengal Act VI of 2014) and has received the assent of the Hon’ble Governor of West Bengal on 11th April 2014 (Vide Official Gazette Notification no. 396-Edn(U) / OM-155L / 2012).... Read More
Scotland’s Colleges International (SCI) Collaboration
Seacom Skills University has been chosen by Scotland’s Colleges International (SCI), an “Association of 43 Scottish Colleges of global repute” for academic collaboration in all engineering and technological spheres in the areas of Pedagogy, Learner Centric Skill Development and Faculty & Students Exchange Programs etc....Read More