Being the first skills university in the state of West Bengal, at SSU, learning is challenging, appealing, intense and enjoyable at the same time. We focus on encouraging students to engage in a rigorous process of learning and self-discovery.
In order to achieve its objective of focused learning and holistic development, the University uses a variety of knowledge delivery methods:
- Lectures, designed to provide the student with interesting and unassumin perspectives on the subject matter. Lectures are interactive and students work with their professors to get new insights in the subject area, on which they can build their own bridges to higher learning.
- Discussions, a critical constituent of learning, are a platform for students to be creative and critical with old and new ideas.
- Business Simulations provide students an opportunity to understand real life business scenarios and solve business challenges in a controlled environment.
- Case Studies challenge students to find creative solutions to complex business problems.
- Role Play is the key to understanding and learning in the MBA program. Students are challenged to make strategic decisions through role-plays, and to analyze the impact of these decisions on the business and its stakeholders.
- Team Work i.e., positive collaboration is critical in the work environment, and sidelining politics and understanding how to incorporate and balance personalities is the key to success.
- Industry & Corporate Visits provide an opportunity to students to test their in-class learning in real life situations as well as to understand the functional diversity in the workplace.
1. MOU has been signed with Scotland’s Colleges International
( SCI), an “Association of 43 Scottish Colleges of global repute” for the purpose of ensuring collaboration in all engineering and technological spheres for input in pedagogy, learner centric skill development and exchange of faculty & students etc.
2. INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION with Bournville College, UK for input in pedagogy, skill development and exchange of faculty & students etc.
COLLABORATION WITH IBM
A MOU has been signed with IBM entitled “Carrier Education In IBM Software(CEIS)” for the purpose :
Knowing the Technology of IBM software.
Obtaining Global Certificate of IBM.
Job Opportunities at IBM or any other Companies who use IBM software.
COLLABORATION WITH Tally Solutions Ltd :
Creation of Skilled Manpower for Financial Packages widely used in Industry, highly useful for MBA & MCA students apart from Engineering Graduates.
3. Besides, the institute is also connected with Infosys for “Campus Connect” Programmes
Training program conducted in Seacom Engineering College by Infosys to prepare the fresher on various topics and fields to make them Industry ready for last 3yrs.
Students took part in programming contest conducted by INFOSYS through “Aspiration 2020”in January/February 2009 and got position in the contest INFOSYS presented a laptop to the college for students in eastern zone.
What Students Say
About SEACOM ?
SEACOM SKILLS UNIVERSITY is the latest venture of a well known Trust in Kolkata involved in multifarious activities for more than a decade now. The Group has taken a new approach in offering Engineering and Technical Education with maximum industry orientation and more stress on practical skills, aiming at building greater confidence in students.... Read More
Empowering students through equal opportunity in academic achievement and their overall personality and leadership development, inculcating in them entrepreneurship skills with quality education and training along modern technology.
• The only skills university in the state and one of the first two in the country.
• World class education and training with 360 degree teaching and learning pedagogies covering practical knowledge, discussion based learning, group discussions, case studies and interactive learning.... Read More
Seacom Skills University is established under West Bengal Government’s policy (Vide Official Gazette Notification No. : 142-Edn (U) dated 31/01/2013), in line with the provisions under section 2(f) of the University Grant Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, as has been passed as Seacom Skills University Act, 2014 by the West Bengal Legislative Assembly (West Bengal Act VI of 2014) and has received the assent of the Hon’ble Governor of West Bengal on 11th April 2014 (Vide Official Gazette Notification no. 396-Edn(U) / OM-155L / 2012).... Read More
Scotland’s Colleges International (SCI) Collaboration
Seacom Skills University has been chosen by Scotland’s Colleges International (SCI), an “Association of 43 Scottish Colleges of global repute” for academic collaboration in all engineering and technological spheres in the areas of Pedagogy, Learner Centric Skill Development and Faculty & Students Exchange Programs etc....Read More