The SEACOM Advantage
Empowering students through equal opportunity in academic achievement and their overall personality and leadership development, inculcating in them entrepreneurship skills with quality education and training along modern technology
- The only skills university in the state and one of the first two in the country.
- World class education and training with 360 degree teaching and learning pedagogies covering practical knowledge, discussion based learning, group discussions, case studies and interactive learning.
- Offers graduate, post graduate and doctoral programs in engineering & technology, management, sciences, hospitality & tourism, arts and humanities, education and skill development and numerous short term vocational training courses under Government of India’s mega skill development initiative, and other employment oriented courses, all under at its integrated campus within an environment of specially developed facilities.
- Highly educated and experienced faculty from the nationally and internationally reputed Institutes and Universities in India and abroad.
- Innovative inter and multi-disciplinary teaching and learning pedagogies to groom, nurture and nourish students with real time exposure for the balanced personality and intellectual development of the students.
- Eco-friendly Wi-Fi enabled, well developed campus spread across 50 acres of lush green environment.
- Transport facility for students coming from surrounding towns & villages.
- Opportunities for overseas training and exposure to outstanding students.
- Educational Scholarships for brilliant and merit holders and the students with national and international sports and cultural representation.
- The state of the art canteen, gymnasium, sports facilities and opportunity for participation in cultural activities.
- Strong support for training, skill development and placement of students in the respective areas of their expertise.
- Shantiniketan as location is already well known as a seat of learning for Viswa-Bharati.
- No legacy of tradition – ideally suited for implementation of innovative ideas.
1. MOU has been signed with Scotland’s Colleges International
( SCI), an “Association of 43 Scottish Colleges of global repute” for the purpose of ensuring collaboration in all engineering and technological spheres for input in pedagogy, learner centric skill development and exchange of faculty & students etc.
2. INTERNATIONAL COLLABORATION with Bournville College, UK for input in pedagogy, skill development and exchange of faculty & students etc.
COLLABORATION WITH IBM
A MOU has been signed with IBM entitled “Carrier Education In IBM Software(CEIS)” for the purpose :
Knowing the Technology of IBM software.
Obtaining Global Certificate of IBM.
Job Opportunities at IBM or any other Companies who use IBM software.
COLLABORATION WITH Tally Solutions Ltd :
Creation of Skilled Manpower for Financial Packages widely used in Industry, highly useful for MBA & MCA students apart from Engineering Graduates.
3. Besides, the institute is also connected with Infosys for “Campus Connect” Programmes
Training program conducted in Seacom Engineering College by Infosys to prepare the fresher on various topics and fields to make them Industry ready for last 3yrs.
Students took part in programming contest conducted by INFOSYS through “Aspiration 2020”in January/February 2009 and got position in the contest INFOSYS presented a laptop to the college for students in eastern zone.
What Students Say
About SEACOM ?
SEACOM SKILLS UNIVERSITY is the latest venture of a well known Trust in Kolkata involved in multifarious activities for more than a decade now. The Group has taken a new approach in offering Engineering and Technical Education with maximum industry orientation and more stress on practical skills, aiming at building greater confidence in students.... Read More
Empowering students through equal opportunity in academic achievement and their overall personality and leadership development, inculcating in them entrepreneurship skills with quality education and training along modern technology.
• The only skills university in the state and one of the first two in the country.
• World class education and training with 360 degree teaching and learning pedagogies covering practical knowledge, discussion based learning, group discussions, case studies and interactive learning.... Read More
Seacom Skills University is established under West Bengal Government’s policy (Vide Official Gazette Notification No. : 142-Edn (U) dated 31/01/2013), in line with the provisions under section 2(f) of the University Grant Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, as has been passed as Seacom Skills University Act, 2014 by the West Bengal Legislative Assembly (West Bengal Act VI of 2014) and has received the assent of the Hon’ble Governor of West Bengal on 11th April 2014 (Vide Official Gazette Notification no. 396-Edn(U) / OM-155L / 2012).... Read More
Scotland’s Colleges International (SCI) Collaboration
Seacom Skills University has been chosen by Scotland’s Colleges International (SCI), an “Association of 43 Scottish Colleges of global repute” for academic collaboration in all engineering and technological spheres in the areas of Pedagogy, Learner Centric Skill Development and Faculty & Students Exchange Programs etc....Read More